Saturday, March 10, 2007

A little help please!

Saturday morning, what better time to do a little spring cleaning. Little finger and lip prints had accumulated on glass doors and tables over winter and I could hardly stand it anymore. I started by washing our front glass door. In no time the inside was smudged again while I was washing the outside. So, I washed the inside a second time and locked it as I went to do our back sliding door. Lauren can easily open that door and I didn't want her escaping while I was out back. I knew better then to start with the inside this time. As I was cleaning the outside door, Lauren was pitching a fit inside because I wouldn't let her out. I finished up and went to open the door and I couldn't. In my sweet little Princess' rage, she had managed to push the lock down. Panic set in...Lauren wasn't understanding how to unlock the door. All of our windows in back were locked, our wooden fence and gates are locked with pad locks. As I started to plan how I was going to scale our fence, mind you I am in my pj's and flip flops, I noticed our gate was just dummy locked. I'm free I thought, still hearing Lauren's screams from inside. I ran around front and opened our garage door. The door leading to the house is normally left unlocked during the day. But, when Chad left bright and early this morning he locked it behind him since Princess and I were still in bed. Panic had really set in now! I could still hear Lauren screaming for mommy to come inside. I was able to use the phone at a neighbors house and called Chad. As I stood at our front glass door still trying to coax Lauren into unlocking the door all I could think is what every car the drove by was thinking seeing me standing at our door. It seemed like an eternity but Chad finally made it home. Lauren was much relieved that mommy finally came inside and all was well. Lauren and I will be making a trip to Westlake's to day to have a extra key made for our garage.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Welcome to the Mom of the Year runnings!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Lauren I hope you get that purple gun! :)